Traditional Bowhunters of Minnesota
October 25, 2014, 09:00:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bow Building Weeked Knife  (Read 966 times)
The Gopher
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: August 22, 2011, 04:12:06 PM »

Got my knife and sheath finished up. I wanted a big "bushcraft" knife that could be used for chopping, splitting kindling, etc, etc. So i designed a knife with a large but not overwhelming blade and a big handle that is no problem to grasp tight. I added a spot to hold a magnesium firestarter and flint, and the lanyard on the knife handle is a portuguese sennit, that when undone contains about 20 feet of parachute cord. The knife scales are from one of the ash boards that we burned at chads, scrap from where colin works.

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”

~Fred Bear~
Bucksnort101

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 05:09:20 PM »

Nice looking knife Dan. Scrap lumber made some fine looking handle material. How did you do the finish on the blade?
mort

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 05:20:44 PM »

Very nice, Gopher.  Fire starter is a nice touch.

Mort
The Gopher
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 08:21:00 AM »

you mean that "rustic" look to it? I just didn't polish it like everyone else did Smiley

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”

~Fred Bear~
Holm-Made

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 04:13:50 PM »

You always do nice work, Dan.  Chad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: