Traditional Bowhunters of Minnesota
October 24, 2014, 10:38:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2nd annual MN bunny hunt  (Read 13820 times)
Holm-Made

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2010, 10:24:03 PM »

My cell phone:  320 360 4479
oneeye

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2010, 07:42:59 AM »

Good Luck guys!  I just went out to fire up the work truck and it is straight up raining out there.  Looks to be about an 1/8" - 1/4" of ice on everything!  Should make for an interesting day in the woods.  Be safe.
rayb

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2010, 09:28:54 AM »

I can't make it either... which stinks! I've been looking forward to this for a month.. Cry
I'll have to catch the next happening get together. Good luck, be safe and have fun!!!

Ray
rraming
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2010, 07:06:28 PM »

Nice to meet you guys today, thanks for pulling me out of the ditch - I really doubt I will ever forget today. Next time I'll bring skates instead of snowshoes and a set of chains.
Holm-Made

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2010, 08:07:06 PM »

Beer is "ICE" cold tonight.  Todd, Dan, Brice and Shane w/ kids are here.  Getting ready to work on some projects now.  Chad
The Gopher
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2010, 01:56:03 PM »

Just got home and cleaned up. we had a fun time even though the weather didn't cooperate. as you may have read or experienced yourself, some of the roads were quite literally solid ice. we came off a gravel road onto a blacktop curve in the road and two of the four trucks just slipped right off the crown of the road. it was really something else. once we got both trucks out and the hunt started, it rained all day. we only saw a couple cottontails, no hares and a few grouse. i think colin had the only shot at a cottontail and missed, he blames the miss on his hood covering up his eyes Grin. after the hunt we shot arials at Chads. we started to get the hang of it and colin and his sone gage even combined for 6 hits in a row. sat night we feasted on antelope and caribou, as well as all the extras that folks brought.

Chris Niskanen, outdoor write for the St. Paul Pioneer Press, joined us on the hunt to write an article that should run next sunday, it should be online as well. once it is posted i'll put a link to it on here.

It was a great time, thanks again Chad!

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”

~Fred Bear~
Holm-Made

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2010, 06:23:25 PM »

It was a good time.  I met a couple new people in person for the first time and that is always great.  Rich and Brice are both fine guys.  I was hoping to meet Ray as well but he couldn't make it.  Thanks guys for a good time.  Now if the Vikings can win, coming up in an hour that would be great.

Somebody left a brown Carhart hat with short brim and a pair of leather mitts. 

Chad
Bucksnort101

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2010, 08:26:02 PM »

I wish I had made it. Was going to ride with Rich, but was feeling like warmed over death when he called Saturday morning and it only got worse as the day went on.   Always next year I guess.
Passin Through

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2010, 01:49:41 AM »

Chad, the carhart hat and choppers were mine, are mine, and will always be mine.  Dont get attached to them!  Shane
Bucksnort101

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2010, 09:58:54 AM »

Hey Chad, I'll give you $20 for the hat and gloves.
B-Fuller

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2010, 06:04:07 PM »

I,m glad I left early, the farther I came this way, the worse the roads were. What a nice bunch of guys! The weather was pretty bad, yet everyone kept a smile and had fun. Way to go guys, hope to hunt with you all again.
Joeingrandrapids

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2010, 12:48:34 PM »

Hey I am glad some of you braved the weather.  I got up to let the hound out and it was raining bad.  My tires are not in great shape so I chose to punt.  Glad Chris made it.  Maybe he would consider attending the summer gig, now that is a story too.

Glad you all made it home safe.
rayb

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2010, 09:19:22 AM »

I'm still bummed that I didn't get to go.. oh well.  It looks like you guys had a good time despite the weather, which is good.  I suppose the next event is the Coon Rapids shoot, or is there anything sooner?
limbcracker

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2010, 09:17:31 PM »

I'm bummed I couldn't make it because of the ice too. And them my computer crashed so I haven't been able to get on the site for a while.  I've got some ideas for a spring carp shoot, but I'm going to flesh things out before I do a post about it. Kirk
Terry Beaudoin

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2010, 06:45:22 PM »

Howdy,
Even though I could not attend this years bunny hunt (very bummed by the way Cry) - I did find the article about the hunt online;
Here's the link:

http://www.twincities.com/outdoors/ci_14299208

Next year I hope to be there with my son and a buddy.

Terry Beaudoin
Savage
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: